As a P90Xer, starting a new fitness program like TurboFire was a new challenge. At first, TurboFire workouts were frustrating because of the choreographed moves which I didn’t get right away. I am better with traditional exercises. But I used the super cool “New to Class” option where Chalene Johnson steps through the moves so I could take time to learn them.
After the first week, I was moving through the workouts and keeping up with the class! The high intensity interval training (HIIT) routines were a lot of fun and the music definitely turned up my motivation to work even harder. TurboFire claims to burn 9 times more fat than traditional cardio workouts and I was ready to put it to the test.
One thing I love about TurboFire workouts is that some are only 15, 20 or 25 minutes but my metabolism increased for hours afterward. I could feel myself energized throughout and after the workouts. A few things I noticed after month one:
- My abdominals were looking great! The TurboFire workouts include lots of twisting and reaching so my obliques were greatly improved without the traditional “on the floor” ab workouts.
- My arms and legs appeared more toned looking. I did lose some of the muscle mass I gained with P90X but liked the super toned look too.
- I was losing weight without even trying! Between the exercises and Shakeology, I could not keep weight on and I don’t need to lose any! As a result, I had to increase my calorie intake on TurboFire days.
- My cardio endurance improved due to the alternate short bursts of high-intensity exercise with recovery during workouts.
- I am not a big fan of resistance bands but the Sculpt and Tone classes were amazing! I hated it at first but learned some great resistance band moves from Chalene that were extremely challenging.
- HIIT workouts are both tough and tiring. The most important thing is to eat healthy to keep up!
Overall my experience with TurboFire has been a fitness challenge where I am getting awesome results in many areas. Paired with Shakeology, it’s a powerful combination!
If you are up for an amazing challenge and love hot music and moves, commit to TurboFire. You will see vast improvements in many areas!