Remember the days when pregnant women were taught to relax and take it easy? I was part of that generation of women. When I was pregnant, I slowed down my exercise regime and relaxed a lot. That led to weight gain, which I had to work at after the baby was born.
That thinking has changed over the years. In general, it’s safe to exercise while pregnant. Be sure to check with your doctor since your individual situation may be unique.
These days, exercise can benefit baby and mom during pregnancy.
According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), it’s not only safe to exercise during pregnancy, but it’s also recommended.
With that in mind, I’m excited to share with you a new fitness program from Elise Joan. Pre & Post Natal Barre Blend is designed especially for pregnant women.
You can sign up for a Beachbody On Demand membership right now for access to Pre and Post Barre Blend.
What Is Pre and Post Natal Barre Blend?
The Pre & Post Natal Barre Blend is a comprehensive program designed to help maximize labor preparedness and support postpartum recovery through a unique blend of barre, cardio, Pilates, and strength training.
Pre and Post Natal Barre Blend introduces 20+ low-impact, high-energy workouts (all under 30 minutes) that will help develop strength, mobility, stability, and functional training to optimize every phase of pregnancy and the transition to motherhood.
Elise designed moves that are safe and effective for pregnant women when performed as instructed with your doctor’s approval.
Plus, each workout includes a modifier!
What’s Included with Pre and Post Natal Barre Blend?
You get 16 Workouts! Here’s the details:
The program is broken down into 4 phases: 3 trimester-specific modules and a postnatal module. There are 14 prenatal workouts in trimesters 1 through 3.
During the three trimesters, you’ll work out four or five days a week, depending on the trimester. In the postnatal module, you’ll exercise four days a week, alternating between two core restoration workouts. The program also includes rest days to help your body recover and grow stronger. During your pregnancy, these days are an excellent opportunity to perform breathe work.
Bonus 10-Minute Enhancement Workouts
Quick, targeted workouts you can add to any workout in all 4 modules. Zero in on specific areas of your body and feel the burn!
- Sample Workout (Free): Try before you buy and experience the elevation of pre- and postnatal fitness.
- I AM Meditations by Elise Joan: Post-launch, we will be adding 60 three- to five-minute meditations related to each of the I AM Daily Motivation Cards. These serve to calm, motivate, and inspire.
- ADL Videos: Performing activities of daily life properly while pregnant is vital as your center of gravity changes day-to-day. Elise puts specific focus on these activities as she demonstrates and discusses them with her pregnant cast.
- Support Videos Program: Basics videos explain how to maximize the program during each phase of your pregnancy. There’s also an Intro video on what to expect from the program, a Get Started video that covers program basics, a Meet Elise video to help you get to know Super Trainer Elise Joan, and additional support videos that show you how to gauge your RPE (rate of perceived exertion), and more.
- Get Started Guide + Workout Calendar: A detailed introduction to Pre & Post Natal Barre Blend that provides important program and safety information as well as your daily workout schedule.
- Guidelines for Pre- & Postnatal Nutrition: Review these guidelines for useful tips and information on healthy eating during your pregnancy and when you’re breastfeeding.
- 2B Mindset® and Pregnancy: Check out Ilana’s nutritional guidelines and modifications to 2B Mindset for expectant mothers.
- Ultimate Portion Fix® and Pregnancy: Autumn explains how expectant and breastfeeding mothers can find the correct Ultimate Portion Fix plan for them.
- “I AM” Daily Motivation Cards: To promote a positive mindset and a sense of gratitude, Elise chooses a Daily Motivation Card before every workout. You can also choose and print your own card daily to receive a powerful affirmation that will set you up for your best day and keep you motivated throughout the program.
What equipment is needed Pre & Post Natal Barre Blend?
The equipment you’ll need is minimal: light dumbbells (1–5 lbs.), resistance loops (light, medium, heavy), and a mat.
No barre is necessary! Just use a kitchen countertop or the back of a sturdy chair or couch, plus make sure you have clear access to a wall.
You’ll also need a towel for your mat. Beachbody Barre Socks and a set of “I AM” Daily Motivation Cards are recommended, but not required.
When is Pre & Post Natal Barre Blend Available?
Pre & Post Natal Barre Blend is exclusive to Beachbody On Demand and available now. You can sign up for a Beachbody On Demand membership right now.
Elise wants you and your baby to stay safe and healthy, so please make sure to consult your physician before you begin any exercise program to ensure it is safe!
You can also try the Pre & Post Natal Barre Blend sample workout!