Healthy eating can make a huge difference in your life and it’s never too late to start. You may feel stuck in an unhealthy food lifestyle or burdened by a ravenous appetite, but you can change that! By making the right food choices every day, you can lose weight and feel more energized!
Losing weight means that the calories you eat must be less than the calories burned. In simple terms, reduce your caloric intake and increase your energy. With this equation, you WILL lose and feel better. Eating healthy is key.
Here are 6 healthy eating tips that you can use today:
- Portion size. Even when you are eating healthy food, you can end up with too many calories! If you are at a restaurant and a giant plate of food arrives at your table, survey it and take action! Split it with your guest or take half of it home for tomorrow’s dinner. At home, be aware of how much you serve yourself. If you make too much food, put it away for a meal tomorrow. You’ll save time too by not having to cook the next day!
- Sweetened drinks. Drinking sweetened iced tea, punches, sodas and juices can add hundreds of calories to your meals. Start drinking water or unsweetened ice tea. You’ll be amazed at how fast you shed pounds with this change!
- Grilled, broiled, or poached. We all need healthy proteins in our diet but if yours are breaded, crispy, pan-fried, or crusted, you are getting lots of high fat and added calories. Keep it healthy with grilled, broiled, or poached foods.
- Snacks. We all love to snack but those snacks can really add up in calories! Stick with eating healthy 100-calorie snacks like ½ cup blueberries, ½ apple with 2 teaspoons peanut butter, or 1oz. skinless white meat chicken with 1 oz. low-fat Swiss cheese and 3 whole wheat crackers.
- Eat your breakfast. Skipping breakfast is bad for weight loss and can lead to weight gain, increased fat storage, and that tired feeling. Read more about why breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
- Use Shakeology. Hate veggies? Get a bowl’s worth of fruits and vegetables fast and easy with Shakeology. With 15 grams of protein, Shakeology can help increase energy, keep you full, and achieve optimal health. Learn more about Shakeology.
Food is fuel and eating healthy is a lifestyle. Smart food choices will lead to a healthier you!