You finished P90X. Your body transformation is amazing. After 90 days of following the intense P90X program by Beachbody, you feel great, motivated, and have renewed cardiovascular endurance. What is next?
First, congratulate yourself on a job well done! In completing 90 days and achieving amazing results, you really learned how to incorporate healthy habits into your daily activities. Heath and fitness is a lifestyle, not just something you do for a time and then stop.
Explore the possibilities of how you want to continue your new fit lifestyle. Each person is different so, my possibilities may be different then yours, but hopefully you will get some ideas. Remember, the possibilities in life are endless! Here are some things I thought about:
- Start over with a different program. Originally, I did Lean.
- Get P90X Plus and incorporate those routines.
- Take 2 weeks off and keep a smile on my face.
- Continue my hiking and trail running, incorporating P90X into alternate days.
- Try another Beachbody program that will challenge me in other ways, like TurboFire.
- Start doing indoor rock climbing once a week. Before starting my 90 days, I did not have the upper body strength to do rock climbing and am excited that now I do!
- Take a kick-boxing class. I know I can do it because I gained balance, strength, and control in Kenpo X.
- Fill my cupboard and refrigerator with foods that energize me and contribute to my health.
- Drink Shakeology everyday – it’s a great supplement to my daily diet and helps me keep up with myself!
The list can go on. I am sure you will come up with many possibilities for yourself. I ended up taking a break for 1 week while I decided how to continue. Then, I started P90X over again, this time doing the standard program. I found it to be even better the second time around. I was able to get more out of it and push myself even harder. I coupled P90X with my outdoor activities, so for example, I would skip the Cardio X and instead go trail running.
I love my results. As some of you know, a few weeks ago, I tore a ligament in my foot during an intense trail running session. My foot was in a cast for 6 weeks now. I have 3 weeks to go. But that did not stop me. I am still doing the upper body DVDs (with modifications), Ab Ripper X, and riding my stationary bike!
So, no matter what, you can incorporate some aspect of P90X into your life to continue getting great fitness results and living a healthy lifestyle. I am already putting together my fitness plan for when I recover from my injury to slowly get back to my activities, and P90X will be part of that plan.
The benefits of this fitness program are not just for now they are for your lifetime. Making fitness a part of your daily life is the start of the best journey you will ever take!
If you are not ready for extreme fitness, try Power 90, Tony Horton’s 90 in-home fitness boot camp program.