Gyms throughout the country closed their doors as the coronavirus continues to spread.
We’ve been advised to stay at home to slow or stop the spread of COVID-19. But how can you get your exercise and stay fit while isolated at home?
If you aren’t sick, you can go outside for a walk or run. Just be sure to stay at least 6 feet away from other people. I was out for a walk and ran into 2 neighbors doing the same. We stood in a triangle shape, each of us about 8 feet apart to have a brief conversation.
If you are ready to get your exercise done at home, I’ve got some solutions for you.
There are many options available if you have Internet access and a SmartTV, laptop, cellphone, or tablet.
How to Exercise at Home During Coronavirus Outbreak
I love exercising at home for convenience. But now, with the Coronavirus outbreak, most gyms are closed and you may be forced to find other ways to get your exercise done.
Here’s some tips to keep fit during COVID-19:
- Check with the gym where you have your membership. Some are offering classes online through livestream videos.
Beachbody offers online workouts that you can start for free with a 14-day trial membership. Beachbody On Demand offers everything from high-intensity cardio to body sculpting, strength training, Yoga, and more. I use it daily for years now and get the best results!
- Beachbody also offers completely FREE sample workouts! Check them out:
- Fitness Blender offers free streaming workouts.
- CrossFit offers single exercises and drills you can do at home.
- If you have a routine you usually do at the gym, you can improvise and do similar exercises at home.
- Need to get some cardio in? Grab a jump rope and jump your way to fitness. Jumping rope is an effective cardio exercise in just 10 minutes a day.
- If you are really stuck inside due to bad weather, you can walk around your house or apartment! Seriously, I’ve done it and it works. Wear your FitBit and get moving. You’ll be surprised at how many steps you can get while doing normal household tasks or purposely walking around. For example, when I am on the phone at home, I always walk around to get my steps in!
- Jumping Jacks are another great way to get your heart pumping.
Which Workouts at Home During COVID-19?
Now that you have a few ideas on how to stay fit at home during the Coronavirus outbreak, which one will you do?
I hope these tips will help you and your family get, and stay, fit and healthy throughout this COVID-19 pandemic. And don’t forget, after the pandemic has passed, keep your workouts going!