You probably start each year promising yourself to get healthy. Just do it already. Good nutrition and staying active is the key to a healthy life. Here are 6 tips to improve your health. You can start today. It’s your decision.
- Boost your energy by cutting down on your daily calorie intake. Did you know that if you eat you eat just 1500 calories per day, you can lose up to a pound in a week?
- Have a craving for a sweet snack? Don’t go for the salty, empty calories of chips or other nasty foods. Choose a healthy snack like prunes, to get your dose of antioxidants, potassium, and fiber. Yes, prunes are good for you!
- What are you drinking? Chances are, if you are drinking sweetened drinks, you are also carrying around some extra weight. Switch to water. Yes, you heard me. In a recent study, people who replaced sweetened drinks with water lost an average of 5 pounds. Read the ingredients of those drinks and you’ll see why you can’t lose those extra pounds.
- Change your eating habits! Forget dieting, diets don’t work because they are temporary. You need to start preparing healthier meals for life. You don’t have to go cold turkey. Simply start by replacement one or two bad foods each week with a healthier choice like superfoods. Within a few weeks, you will on your way to creating healthier eating habits. It only takes 21 days to create a habit. Start creating yours now.
- Find support online. An online health and fitness community can provide you with the support you need to stick with your new healthy lifestyle. You get access to message boards and even an online fitness coach to help you stay motivated.
- Exercise more! There I said it. Even if you eat healthier, you still need to exercise. Don’t have time? Even 30 minutes per day of walking is better for you then nothing at all. Physical activity does more than help you lose weight. Exercise improves your cholesterol, reduces stress, can help prevent osteoporosis, lower your blood pressure, helps you sleep, boost your immune system, and give you more energy. Do you really have to think about this one?
You made the decision to transform your body and your health—now let your friends in the Team Beachbody community help you turn that goal into reality. Our unique social networking features will give you all the accountability, support, and motivation you need to achieve your best body ever!