Staying healthy and fit in summer can be a challenge. With summer vacations and lazy days, staying energized to fit in those workouts and pay attention to food choices may take even more effort. That energy you had at the start of the year to stick with your fitness program may have gotten off track by summertime.
You need a plan! Here are 5 easy tips to maintain health and fitness this summer.
- Eat fresh foods. Summertime brings sunshine and fresh fruits into season like yummy strawberries, peaches, apricots and blueberries. Stock up and use them as snacks, with morning cereal, or they make great tasting shakes. With high-anti-oxidants and low carbohydrates, you can eat these fruits in abundance without worrying about weight gain!
- Workout in the morning. Start your day right with a morning workout. As the day goes on, excuses and laziness take over, especially in the summer heat. Exercising shortly after you wake up will elevate your metabolism for up to 12 hour and you’ll have even more energy to get through the rest of the day.
- Get outdoors. Outdoor are so much fun you’ll hardly know that you are really exercising! Whether you go for a hike on a beautiful trail, walk by the beach, or walk around the neighborhood, you’ll be on your way to a healthier heart! Get a few friends or family together and make it an enjoyable event for all! Don’t forget to take your bottle water along.
- Stick with a fitness program and stay accountable. How serious are you about your fitness goals? If you really mean it, you need to commit to an exercise plan and track your progress. By the end of summer, you’ll be amazed at what you will have accomplished! Wouldn’t you like to be 10 or 20 pounds lighter? Get moving!
- Have patience with yourself. If your fitness regime was derailed this past winter, don’t expect to be super fit in a week! A new, healthier YOU will take time, commitment, and work. Just do it!
Join the largest online health and fitness community – FREE
When you’re part of the Team Beachbody community, you have all the tools, support, and accountability you need to commit to a healthy lifestyle. At Team Beachbody, you’re never alone.
You may also like: